The Trams to Newhaven project team recently confirmed arrangements for the upcoming works on Constitution Street
Constitution street will close on Saturday 16 November and work will begin in two sections of from Monday 18 November 2019. These are:
- Foot of the Walk to Coatfield Lane – scheduled to be completed by Spring 2021
- Queen Charlotte Street to Constitution Place – scheduled to be finished by Summer 2020.
Our Services 12, 16 and N16 will be diverted during this time as follows:
- Service 12 (towards Seafield) between Leith Walk and Links Place, buses will be diverted via Duke Street, Academy Street, Wellington Place and John’s Place.
- Service 12 (towards city centre) – between Gladstone Place and Leith Walk, buses will be diverted via East Hermitage Place, Vanburgh Place and Duke Street.
- Services 16 and N16 – between Leith Walk and Commercial Street, buses will be diverted via Great Junction Street, Henderson Street and The Shore in both directions.
Enabling works will also take place on Leith Walk from Mid-November. No services are expected to be disrupted, however some bus stops may be moved a short distance.
Lothian will strive to keep disruption to a minimum during this time and remain committed to providing a safe and reliable service to our customers across Edinburgh and the Lothians.
For further information on Trams to Newhaven, please visit www.tramstonewhaven.co.uk