[UPDATED 09/02/2021: From Sunday 14 February, further changes will be implemented to EastCoastbuses and Lothiancountry networks. Please click here for further information.]
From Sunday 24 January, Lothian will introduce a revised timetable across most services on the Lothian Buses, Lothian Country and East Coast Buses networks to continue to deliver for those customers who still require essential travel.
Our teams have been collating and reviewing feedback received from our customers and drivers in recent weeks, alongside in-depth analysis of new travel patterns generated by the current lockdown.
Key changes for the network will include:
- On weekdays, additional morning journeys will be introduced on most services to provide additional capacity for key workers.
- Some services will see a slight reduction in evening frequencies as a result of lower levels of customer demand.
- Service 3 will serve Dalkeith Campus from Monday to Friday.
- Service 37 will serve Easter Bush Campus from Monday to Friday, running every 30 minutes.
- Service 47B will only operate at peak times in the morning and evening from Monday to Friday.
- Service 15 will continue to serve Easter Bush Campus during the day from Monday to Saturday.
- Services 45, X25, X26, X29, X31, X33, X37 and X44 will remain suspended until further notice.
Timetables are now available to view on our website here. If you must make an essential journey at this time, please ensure you are aware of all safe travel guidance, including the requirement to wear a face covering over your mouth and nose for the duration of your journey unless exempt. You can read more on this here.
Journey planning and travel updates
For live travel updates please visit our website at www.lothianbuses.co.uk
Traveline: 0871 200 23 33
Download the Protect Scotland app
The Protect Scotland app from NHS Scotland’s Test and Protect is now available to download. Completely free, the mobile phone app is designed to help us protect one another, reduce the spread of coronavirus and avoid further lockdowns.
Using the Protect Scotland app, along with sticking to current public health measures, will help us to stay safe when we meet up, socialise, work or travel. Download today from the App Store or Google Play.
Recommended steps for safe travel
There are a number of measures we are asking customers to adhere to in order to keep their fellow passengers and our drivers as safe as possible. Please read over this guidance in full before travelling with us: https://www.lothianbuses.com/help-us-to-help-you/