This week is Catch the Bus Week.
Now in it’s fifth year, Catch the Bus Week is a nationwide campaign aimed at driving awareness of the benefits of taking the bus.
Did you know :
- If everyone switched just one car journey a month to the bus, there would be one billion fewer car journeys on our roads, and a saving of 2 million tonnes of CO2.
- Buses are vital in helping communities to thrive by keeping local people connecting and strengthening community ties.
- Taking the bus frees your hands and your head, allowing you to catch up on life admin, read a book or play games on your mobile.
- Leaving the car and taking the bus is good for your finances and your health.
- Using the bus is a greener way to travel, helping to tackle air pollution by taking cars off the road.
- Buses are crucial to family life with 41% of passengers saying they would spend less time with family without access to the bus.
- A third of drivers consider driving a chore because of high fuel costs and increased congestion.
We want to encourage everyone to take at least one bus journey this week and tell us about their experiences.
We will also be running competitions throughout the week.