Throughout the year, Lothian Buses host a number of Driver Recruitment Days at garages across Edinburgh and the Lothians.
Our next Driver Recruitment Day takes place on Sunday 8 October at Lothian Country’s depot in Livingston!
On the day you’ll get the chance to:
- Meet members of the team who can talk you through the recruitment process.
- Chat to colleagues who have just completed training and hear their experiences.
- Get behind the wheel of a bus and see what it’s like to drive for yourself.
- Start a new career with Lothian Country!
Learn to drive a bus in as little as 4 weeks via the in-house training school (fully funded by the company!) and in return you can expect:
- Hourly rate of £14.85p/h, rising to £15.55p/h after April 2024.
- Guaranteed 39 hour working week.
- Paid overtime with enhanced hourly rates.
- Annual paid training to help maintain your driver qualification card
- Free travel across Edinburgh and the Lothians on all Lothian Group buses and Edinburgh Trams, plus heavily discounted travel available for a friend or family member.
Lothian Country would love to see you there on the day. If you are unable to attend on the day, please still get in touch if you have any questions about a driving role or the recruitment process via [email protected].
You can view all current vacancies on the links below or speak to a member of our Recruitment Team by phoning 0131 558 8011.